Your shopping cart is empty.
Jun 05, 2020
I was once asked, “How would you train today’s minds in the workforce to be more creative?” This question impacted me quite heavily as at first, I didn’t have an answer. Could creativity even be a force to be captured through training or is it simply a core characteristic of a select few? In time I realized there are indeed ways to adjust one’s mindset to engage in an endless stream of ideas.
Here are 5 ideas to help you tap into your creativity:
1. Let go of a fear of failure. There are many times in history where failure has led to major discoveries. Failure for artists is merely a stepping stone through evolution. As the darkness defines the light, failure will define success.
2. Take time to let go of the mind through meditation. Learning to sit in stillness invokes focus. Being present helps to clear your mind of clutter & let in the world through innocent eyes. As a child, we think anything is possible. “I’m going to be an astronaut when I grow up!” In time, our minds are conditioned to create limitations on thoughts & place the world in segregated boxes. In a world, so defined, creativity cannot flow.
3. Ask the right questions. Creativity & innovation can come hand in hand. I often like to ask the simple question ‘How could this be improved?’ ‘How can I move deeper into this idea or expression?’ The proof is in the details. “Art is never finished, only abandoned”~ Leonardo Da Vinci
4. Seek education in your fieldWith a limited skillset, this question may be a shallow hole to explore. With a dedication to advancing in the knowledge of your trade a whole new world of possibility opens. To truly harness this idea I recommend reading books on sharpening your trade for an hour a day. As an artist I find myself digging through information on my mediums of choice, side mediums, business, marketing, communication, etc…
5. Know & Define your goals. The Wright brothers first knew that their goal was to achieve the first powered, sustained, and controlled flight. To achieve this however they had to think creatively. They had to consider the characteristics of materials, form, weight…etc… all of which needed the proper engineering to achieve success. Though not always necessary, defining an initial goal as an artist can be a great platform to begin a piece of work. This doesn’t always mean it will end up the same way we envision of course. That is all a part of the creative process.
One exercise that I like to do is ask…
“What are my values?”
“What would I say if I had 10 minutes to speak to a stadium full of a million people?”
“What emotions do I want to invoke?”
“If I could change the world in one way, what would it be? “
Your answer can now be a platform for expansion into deeper layers of creativity. Next, ask yourself – How can your answer be expressed through form, shape & color? What symbolism can you include? This is where the magic starts….
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
The above preview shows how to use the live preview on this website. The image displayed is just an example, and is not available for sale.
This means you can use the camera on your phone or tablet and superimpose any piece of art onto a wall inside of your home or business.
To use this feature, Just look for the "Live Preview AR" button when viewing any piece of art on this website!
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.
SAVE 20% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Enter your email below and we'll email you a 20% OFF Coupon right now!